Ok, I was wrong. Setting the borderStyle and borderThickness on the
combo box does not do anything. Instead, I set a custom skin on the
combobox and it works.

border-style: solid;
border-color: #00ff00;
border-thickness: 5;
down-skin: ClassReference('ComboBoxSkin');
over-skin: ClassReference('ComboBoxSkin');
up-skin: ClassReference('ComboBoxSkin');

In the ComboBoxSkin, get the borderThickness and borderColor style
properties and draw the borders for all the states.

- venkat
http://www.venkatj.com

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Sherif Abdou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If i had to guess i think it may have something to do with the
scale9Grid but I am relatively new to flex