From: jmfillman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:35:59 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Update ArrayCollection from PopUp TitleWindow

I've found it amazingly easy to add an item to an ArrayCollection
from a PopUp window:

var newItem:Object = {date: myDate.id, height: myHeight, subject:
mySubject.text, notes: myNotes.text} ;
mainApp.myAC. addItem(newItem) ;

However, when it comes to updating that item from a PopUp, it appears
to be amazingly difficult (so difficult that I can't figure it out!).

mainApp.myAC. updateItem( ) doesn't seem to be possible from the PopUp,
in fact, I can't even do:

trace (mainApp.myAC. length);

This throw the common "Cannot access a property or method of a null
object reference" error.

I haven't tried it yet, but all I've found that looks like a
possibility, is to create variables in the parent, set those from the
PopUp, and then run a function to perform updateItem() , for each
value in the ArrayCollection row OR, delete the row, and add a new
one. Both create issues with sychronizing front-end display items and
backend databases.

Please help

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.