I am experiencing a problem in a drag and drop control for which I have been
unable to create a cut down test case version.

I have a Canvas full of draggable images that can be dragged over to a sibling
drop pane. If an image is dragged over to the drop pane relatively fast the
drag proxy does not appear and the drag events are never fired. Moving the
mouse cursor back to the canvas that contains all the images will reveal the
proxy at which point the drag can continue back to the drop pane & drag event
are fired as expected.

This means the user has to click an image, drag a bit but not leave the parent
canvas and when the proxy appears then you can drag over to the drop pane. It
makes a common click & drag operation useless.

Has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

Thanks,

- Ivo