So I have an app where 1 state has a bunch of user driven
manipulation, moving objects on stage, changing their sizes/colors,
adding/removing of objects etc and this runs fine no issues at all.

When the user navigates to another state, a simple datagrid is
displayed and that runs fine, not doing anything fancy (setting
dataprovider and selecting 4 columns, no renderers) just displaying
the data.  Performance of the datagrid is fine too, scrolls and sorts
smoothly.  Under 100 rows in the collection.

The weird thing is when I navigate back to my state where I can
manipulate visual objects, performance is noticiably laggy.

If I restart the app and navigate to a state that is empty or just has
a vbox, going back to the object manipulation state still runs fine as
ever, so it's leading me to believe adding a child to a state with a
datagrid is my problem area.

Is there anything I should be looking for?  Sorry for being vauge, not
able to post source.