Thanks for your Inputs Ben. Can you share the code please?

Thanks

  _____

        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of btallman
        Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:11 PM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] Re: New technique to Export to Excel,
feasible?

        What I do for Excel export is all handled on the server side. In
my
        case I am using php for the backend, so I use a library call
PHPExcel to
        build the spreadsheet and then I either attach it to an email,
or pass
        it back to the browser. There are good libraries available for
most
        backend languages (I have used Java, Python and .Net versions),
so that
        puts you back in the religious wars...

        I have also done the formatting in the Flex App and passed the
complete
        text of an Excel 2003 file to the app server to have it turned
around
        and sent back in a new window. That is the same basic idea as
putting
        it in to the clipboard, but a bit more transparent to the user.
In any
        case, I prefer formatting the data on the app server, not the
client for
        excel and I get the added benefit of being able to send reports
by email
        as excel attachments.

        If anyone wants the code, I'd be happy to give it away...

        Thanks,
        Ben

        --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , Tom Chiverton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        wrote:

        > On Wednesday 30 Jan 2008, Johannes Nel wrote:
        > > just create a csv file, you are making it way more complex
than
        needed

        > Unless he needs the things you can't get in CSV like style
        information,
        > formula etc.
        >
        > --
        > Tom Chiverton
        > Helping to enormously utilize efficient infrastructures
        > on: http://thefalken.livejournal.com
<http://thefalken.livejournal.com>

        > This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
        >
        > Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered
in
        England and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose
registered
        office address is at Halliwells LLP, 3 Hardman Square,
Spinningfields,
        Manchester, M3 3EB. A list of members is available for
inspection at
        the registered office. Any reference to a partner in relation to
        Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells LLP. Regulated by
The
        Solicitors Regulation Authority.

        > CONFIDENTIALITY
        >
        > This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named
above
        and may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not
the
        addressee you must not read it and must not use any information
        contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than
Halliwells LLP
        or the addressee of its existence or contents. If you have
received
        this email in error please delete it and notify Halliwells LLP
IT
        Department on 0870 365 2500.

www.halliwells.com.