This is something I too wonder about from time to time. I notice alot
of developers are using the ArrayCollection for data binding but I
can't say with 100% confidence why one would be used in any specific
problem domain opposed to a basic array. I guess if you find you want
to use the functions exposed by the ICollectionView and IList
interfaces the ArrayCollection is your tool.

Anybody have any clear examples?

Nick

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "rmarples" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have recently made some big performance gains in our product by
replacing the use of
> ArrayCollections with Arrays in some data calculation algorithms. It
appears that even
> iterating through an ArrayCollection is significantly slower than an
Array.