I mean, I would like to be able to get the same exact location in the
XML path every time I run my for loop and stop on some condition.

For example some sort of function that returns:

myXml.books[0].book.covers.cover[2].items[2].data123

if data123 is the value in my For Loop that I break on ( match on ) on
the XML in question.

Hope this helps,

Sean.