--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Beuckman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "To listen for an event during all phases of the event flow, you
must call
> addEventListener() twice, once with the use_capture parameter set to
true,
> and again with use_capture set to false."

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00000469.html

Joe,

Thanks for the information.  But I do not want to handle the events in
the custom component (MDIPanel); I was hoping the Panel class (which
the custom component extends from) will handle the events for me.  Or
do I need to somehow peculate these events to the parent class?

For example, I want to use resource bundle to change the label text in
this custom component.  This works in regular components but not in
this custom component.  Same thing also happened to the datagrid
control in this customer components where somehow the dataprovider did
not work.  If I move the datagrid to a regular component, everything
works.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric