Hi Everyone,

I have been charged to architect a fairly large scale Flex application
(first time doing so). I don't think that my issue warrants code
samples however if needed I can provide.

I have not worked with events too much, but I understand the default
three phases it goes through (capture,target,bubble). The application
will be comprised of an application which load a custom MXML component
(basically an extended Canvas), which in turn loads modules based on
user interaction. What I need to have happen, is when the root
(parentApplication) has values that update, I would like for it to
dispatch an event, which the Modules listen for, and then in response
poll the parent for that data to get the new information.

Based on everything I have read, events don't propigate in that
direction (it climbs down the chain from the top, hits the target, and
then climbs back up). However, is it possible to make it go the other
way? Can children hear events of the parent? If this is impossible,
does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for an alternative to my
particular problem?

I appreciate any advice you can offer!