Thanks everybody... my comp hade this code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Label text="{_charNumber}"
xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; initialize="init()" >

        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[

                        [Bindable]
                        private var _charNumber:String;
                        private var _maxChars:String;

                        private function init():void{
                                _charNumber = _maxChars;
                        }

                        public function set maxChars(value:Number):void{
                                _maxChars = value.toString();
                        }

                        public function get maxChars():Number{
                                return Number(_maxChars);
                        }

                        public function countChars(value:Number):void{
                                var maxChars   :Number = Number(_maxChars);

                                _charNumber = String(maxChars - value);
                        }
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>