I used Flex Builder to import webservice from a .net backup. The
generated code contained a _BaseGaiaService class that extends the
AbstractWebService and implements most of the actual operations. I can
get to that from the facade class GaiaService.getWebService() method.

I then wrote some test code to add headers like so:

var svc:BaseGaiaService = App.service.getWebService();
var q1:QName = new QName("http://abcd.com";, "Header1");
var header1:SOAPHeader = new SOAPHeader(q1, {string:"bologna",int:"123"});
var header2:SOAPHeader = new SOAPHeader(q1, {string:"salami",int:"321"});

svc.addHeader(header1);
svc.addHeader(header2);
svc.addSimpleHeader("Header3", "http://abcd.org";, "sausage", "222");

However, none of the subsequent calls contain any of these headers in
the SOAP envelope.

I've used this on my custom webservice class and headers can be added
successfully, so I suspect I'm not using the generated classes correctly.

Can anyone please help? Many thanks from a troubled Flex newbie.