I don't think it is just a memory issue, although that does improve it
(I went up as far a 2Gb).  I have found that Flex design view is quite
unstable and mixing that and J2EE perspective basically doesn't work
in FB2.  I can reliably crash Eclipse with a single file open.  I am
in the practice of closing and re-starting Eclipse when I want to
switch perspectives.  I've learnt to live with it, but now you remind
me, it is pretty bad.

There's another reliable crash which is doing any auto-complete on a
new .as file (not a class, just a .as file).  I can get Eclipse to
bomb horribly and lose all my perspectves with that one.

I think that the Java/J2EE perspectives are much better (feature-wise)
and more mature and stable.  Given where Eclipse came from its not
surprising really.

I'm hoping that FB will have been tidied up in v3 (otherwise I'll
resent paying for an upgrade).