For the basic version of $250 bucks, for me it's a no brainer:

If you're using WebServices, then I'd upgrade, even if it's only to
look at the code that the WSDL Import tool generates.  This code is
the best documentation I've found about Flex/Web Services.  But you're
not using Web Services.  Scratch that.

Compilation times.  So much faster, though this is probably more due
to SDK, but who knows.  I know is that you wont be using Flex3 SDK
with FB2.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, just assuming
since one of the features of FB3 is targeting multiple SDKs).  This
alone is probably worth the aggravation of the upgrade.

The Profiler.  You're developing naked, in Antartica, while
hallucinating, and being chased by polar bears without it.  It brings
Flex development into the real world as far as I'm concerned - at
least for developing complex applications.

At $250 bucks, it only needs to save a few hours of work to make
itself pay for itself.  One nasty memory leak bug...vioala.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Mr Greg Murnock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For the big discussion of the day/week...
>
> I have been given the task to give a "strong case" on why we need to
spend the money (proposed pricing schedule) on the upgrade to FB3,
when available.
> Our company does not look to do AIR apps, we do not have a case to
use Advanced Datagrid, we front CF7 with an Oracle DB (irrelevant) so
the FDS is already there.  Current F2 apps with charting working great.

> I want to upgrade but need more of a reason, for my [EMAIL PROTECTED] company
> -
did I say that outloud, for us to purchase the upgrades.  All comments
are accepted. :)