Hi Ryan,

Thanks. It seems data decriptor is only for reading properties, not
changing.

Actually I think my problem is common, for example:

<Folder lable="1">
   <file name="file1.txt"/>
   <Folder lable = "1.1"/>
</Floder>

In the xml above, node named "Folder" should be always displayed as a
branch. However, the default of flex tree is, if the node doesn't
have sub nodes, display it as leaf.

So the question comes up, how to set "isBranch" property base on node
names?

Thanks a lot.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Frishberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Check out dataDescriptor.  You should be able to google (or search
> these forums) for it and get something on how to use this feature.
If
> not, post back.
>
> -Ryan
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "xmwang1982" <askycn@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Raf,
> >
> > However, what I need is something called "isBranchFunction", in
which
> > we can set "isBranch" property base on e.g. node name.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rafael Faria"
> > <rafaelfaria.grupos@> wrote:
> > >
> > > actually you can define a function to "labelFunction".
> > >
> > > Check
> > >

> http://blog.flexexamples.com/2007/10/29/defining-a-custom-label-
function-on-a-flex-tree-control/

> > > raf