Thanks to this group, I have come a long way in understanding this.  I
want to check my setup and see if I still have further to go.  Is this
the preferred way to set up a dataprovider when pulling XML in E4X
format via HTTPService?  Or do I still need to some how incorporate
XMLListCollection here?

public var xmlService:HTTPService = new HTTPService();
public var dataProvider:XMLList = new XMLList();

public function loadXML():void
        {
                xmlService.url = "http://hostname/Data/createXML.php";;

                xmlService.resultFormat = "e4x";
                xmlService.addEventListener(ResultEvent.RESULT,
resultHandler);
                xmlService.send();
        }

public function resultHandler(event:ResultEvent):void
{
    dataProvider = event.result.month;