Ok you got it almost right like you said.

instead of attributes use attribute.

                                var list:XMLList =
XML(dataProvider).descendants().(attribute("editing") == "true")

the thing now is how do i change the element.
i tried go through the list and change the attribute to "false" but it
doesnt really change it.

this is killing me =/

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rafael Faria"