I've noticed a difference between the results my flex application between the
flash player
on linux and on mac osx.  I am processing an xml file and creating a CDATA
element, I
then print it out to check it before I send it to a php script to save it out

I use this to add the CDATA element:

                        var tmpStr:XML = new XML("\<![CDATA[" + notes.text +
"]]\>");
                        xmlFile.notes.tag = tmpStr;

which outputs what I expect:

<notes><![CDATA[mary had a little lamb]]></notes>

however on the linux browser I get:

the player version on mac is 9,0,115,0 and the player on the linux is 9,0,48,0,
I'd love to
sync up the two versions but unfortunately the linux version is controlled by
my
company's IT dept.  However, I can't believe the minor version difference is
this off, am I
missing something here or is there a better way to add a CDATA element to an
xml file?

Thanks.

be well,
Hoyt