I'm trying to figure out the behavior of Flex 2 charts with multiple
axes. I've read this in the docs:

        By default, all charts that are subclasses of CartesianChart
        display a single set of data, and single horizontal and vertical
        axes. Setting any of the secondary properties, such as
        secondDataProvider, secondSeries,
        secondVerticalAxis/secondHorizontalAxis, or
        secondVerticalAxisRenderer/secondHorizontalAxisRenderer, has the
        following effect on the chart:

        ColumnChart, LineChart, and AreaChart controls Primary and
        secondary series share the horizontalAxis by default, but each
        get a separate LinearAxis for their verticalAxis. A second
        verticalAxisRenderer is created by default when using multiple
        axes.

        BarChart controls Primary and secondary series share the
        verticalAxis, but by default, each has a separate
        horizontalAxis. Two horizontalAxisRenderers are created by
        default.

        PlotChart and BubbleChart controls Primary and secondary series
        have separate horizontal and vertical axes, and all four axis
        renderers. Bubble charts continue to share a single radialAxis
        among all series.

        CartesianChart controls Cartesian charts have no extra axes or
        axis renderers by default.

        PieChart controls Secondary series are not supported.

        Use the <mx:secondSeries> tag to specify an Array of series
        objects that are rendered by using other scales. Any fields
        applied to series in this array refer to fields on the
        secondDataProvider.

However, I don't understand what the default behavior is when adding
secondSeries, secondHorizontalAxis, and secondVerticalAxis to a
CartesianChart. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out the "axis
affinity" of series added to the secondSeries array, and whether I can
manipulate this. As far as I can tell, a series added to the
secondSeries array uses the (first) horizontalAxis and the
secondVerticalAxis. Is this always the case? Is there any way to control
this behavior? I know that Flex 3 makes multi-axis work easier, but I
need to figure out Flex 2 behavior right now.

Thanks,
--
Maciek Sakrejda
Truviso, Inc.