I've been lookikng for a similar chart type and haven't yet found one.
 I was just about to write one myself.  What I need - and what I think
you are asking for - is like an x-y scatter plot with lines between
the data points.  This chart type is available in Excel and I use it a
lot for irregularly spaced x-axis line charts.  Typically the x-axis
is a date.

The difficulty seems to be that the x-axis has an irregular interval.
 Flex Line/Bar charts expect that the x-axis is either a discrete
integer or a category.  Chart types that have a continuous x-axis,
such as the bubble chart, don't support drawing lines between the data
points.

If you treat dates as categories (which is the only option available
in flex if you want a line chart) then you lose a lot of information
about the (ir)regularity in the data and it can make the chart quite
misleading.

I have tried a custom item renderer for a bubble chart but it was very
messy - maybe I just needed to spend more time thinking about my
implementation, but it didn't feel right that the item renderer knew
about its adjacent data points, and then I had z-order issues when
drawing lines.

It would be really good to have one of the charting experts who post
here make some suggestions.