Start with setting dropDownFactory=Tree.  There might be some other
things that need fixing though.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brad Bueche
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:41 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Be the tree, Bob

http://blog.flexexamples.com/2007/11/29/opening-nodes-in-a-flex-tree-con
trol-using-the-expanditem-method/
<http://blog.flexexamples.com/2007/11/29/opening-nodes-in-a-flex-tree-co
ntrol-using-the-expanditem-method/>

Is there anyway to get the tree view INTO the combo box?

I really like the idea of having a hierarchical menu that looks exactly
like the tree in this example.  I just want it to drop down and be a
menu like the combo box.  I detest the windows file manager interface
(because of its inefficient use of screen real-estate) and I dont like
cascading menu's because I get really annoyed having to slow down and
use my mouse in slow motion just so I can get to the sub-menu I want.

I think the drop down tree hiearchy within a combobox solves both of
these problems. 1).  Its a great use of screen real-estate  --- if you
are not using it it takes up practically no room and 2) the hierarchy is
persistent and I dont have to be a jedi master with my mouse....and I
dont have to move %80 down and to the right to get the menu I want.

So would it be possible to do a tree in a combo box?  Or, if thats
impossible, I guess I can just put the tree on a application bar and use
it like a menu?

brad