In case it helps, Flex Builder 3 includes both Flex 2.0.1 and Flex 3
in the box.  You can set a workspace-wide default for which SDK to use
for all projects in that workspace (preferences, Flex > Installed Flex
SDKs), and you can also override that default on a per-project basis
(Project > Properties, Flex Compiler).

So the point is that if you have code that needs to be compiled and
linked with Flex 2.0.1, you can still use Flex Builder 3 to do that,
and yet get the benefits of the new Flex Builder 3 IDE features such
as refactoring etc.

- Mike Morearty
  Adobe Flex Builder team