Hello, I'm new to the group--primarily a Flash developer -->
attempting to learn Flex mxml/AS3.

Does anyone have any examples of how to get the selected week from the
Calendar Component?

For example, there are 52 weeks in a year, so if someone clicks on Dec
30 it would dispatch week 52 etc...I guess that I would have to take
the first Monday of the week, then for every 7 days add 1 until all 52
weeks have been accounted for.  I'm not sure how best to calculate this.

Also, if a user selects any day of the week on the Calendar Component,
how would you highlight or select the whole week as opposed to just
the day selected?

I'm glad Flexcoders is here to help. I hope I can contribute as well
someday.

Thanks.