Yeah, this is where Cairngorm gets a little dicey in my eyes.  For
displaying popup windows, I call a command that does it's magic and
then sets a property on a model that's being watched and then calls a
function to display a PopUP Window.

I've read that some guys pass call-back functions coded into the view
into the command that the command calls back with the appropriate
data.  I've never personally done this as my watcher works pretty well.

It's a pain to set up, but once you go through the process once, you
are left with a tidy view, and all your code in a command.

Look up something called SimpleObserve, it's bascially a
ChangeWatcher, but it works well for watching model properties and
calling functions when the properties change.

There is a Cairngorm Flex list however, I think it's called
Cairgngrom Docs on Yahoo groups here that might give you some better
feedback.