From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of thirtyfivemph
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:18 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] FileReference.browse sometimes takes minutes for
dialog to open

I don't ever have this problem on my machine (MacBookPro, OSX), but my
partner has it quite often on his (Dell laptop, WindowsXP):

In our app, we call FileReference.browse for the user to select a
local file. I've got a that call as basically the only code in the
click event handler for a button. On my partner's machine, he clicks
the button and sometimes has to wait a minute or more before the OS
open dialog shows up.

I'm not sure what I could be doing to affect the amount of time it
takes for the OS dialog to show, and it may just be a quirk of his
machine. Is there any way I can fix this, or if not, handle it gracefully?

Troy.