Hello,
I've done something very similar to what you are describing, a survey
which was composed by 5 different forms. I used a ViewStack for each
group of questions, created a validator and a button for each canvas.
The validator checks if the responses are valid and the button submits
the data to the backend and changes the canvas.
Something like this:

<mx:Button label="NEXT" click="validateQuest1()"/>

public function validateQuest1():void{
   if (validResponse()) //validator for the user answers
   {
        phpSendQuest1(); //sends the data to the backend
        mainView.selectedIndex = 2; //changes the selectedIndex in the viewStack

Just include the code you already have inside a viewstack canvas and i
believe i would still work

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, cool buddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HI all,
>
> I have written a application where in the user enters his details
and hits submit button ..on submission the details are sent to the
database..It should go to the next page and display some
message....how do we handle this in flex..i was thinking of using
states..but the above database processing i have included in a
component...