From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ben.clinkinbeard
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:04 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Why are modules so buggy?

I've admittedly only been using them for a short time but they seem
phenomenally fickle. Our basic setup is that we have States defined in
the main app, each of which holds a module and sets its visibility
accordingly. Couldn't be much more straightforward.

The other day my module stopped appearing when I set the layout
property of one of its child components (TeaserWindow). The way I
ended up fixing it was by changing the mx:Module tag from width="100%"
height="100%" to percentWidth="100" percentHeight="100".

Today my module has stopped showing up when I changed one of
TeaserWindow's child components (a Button) from being added to
rawChildren to being added as a regular child. TeaserWindow has 3
child buttons and only this specific one being in children causes this
issue. The (totally illogical) "fix" of using percentWidth and
percentHeight is not preventing this latest absurd behavior.

I am at a complete loss as to how the child composition of a child of
the Module or the layout mode of a child could cause the entire module
not to show. Note that even when it doesn't show it reports its
visible property as true and width and height as being correct.

Am I taking crazy pills?