Mark,

Assuming you have a Tree with id="myTree" and you've performed a search
in some function somewhere (returning a node in the Tree), use the
following:

private function selectSearchResult(_selectedNode:Object):void

{

      myTree.firstVisibleItem = myTree.selectedItem = _selectedNode;

}

When I did this, I had the following code in my search function (found
results by searching for string match against XML):

for each(var panelNode:XML in node..person)

{

      if([EMAIL PROTECTED] == myAC[0].name)

      {

            selectSearchResult(panelNode);