With what I want to achieve, webservices that I am referring to are
instances of the same webservices (one single url).

Single WebService instance will not work on my application because my
app sometimes need to call different/same operations concurrently.

I do want to mention the issue I am facing if I am not using the
cloning-approach.
Please take a look at this code:
 class CustomWS
 {
   public getWS():WebService
   {
     var myWS:WebService = new WebService;
     myWS.wsdl = "http://BoogaBooga/coolFlex.asmx?wsdl";;
     myWS.loadWSDL();
   }

   public populateGridWS():void
   {
     var ws:WebService = getWS();
     ws.populateGrid();

As you can see each time getWS() is being called, wsdl needs to be
loaded, which calling HTTP request.
That's why I would like to clone the webservice instance (myWS) after
the wsdl has been loaded so that I can reuse it.

But if you do have other suggestions on how to resolve this in a
better way, I am all ears :)

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peeyush Tuli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Still not sure that cloning is the best option, although
centralization
> of webservices is a good idea.
>
> When you say webservices, does it mean there is a different wsdl for
> each webservice?
> Or are they  just plain multiple instances of the same webservice(
one
> single url)?
>
> A webservice call is operation-centric. So if your flex client does
not
> invoke same operations
> concurrently and there is a single wsdl to load, you could manage
with a
> single webservice
> instance for the whole application.
>
> ~Peeyush
>
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 8:50 PM, handitan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   Hi Peeyush,
> >
> > It's kind of long to explain it but in short, this is to help me
> > centralize all my webservice call into one location.
> >
> > So instead of having <mx:WebService /> in every component, I am
just
> > calling webservice from a class that contains all the WebServices.
> > i.e.
> >
> > class CustomWS
> > {
> > public getWS():WebService