Greetings,

I am trying to figure out how to get the TabNavigator to create it's children so they are accessible after I add the TabNavigator to it's parent through addChild(). However, I am getting an index out of bounds error because the TabBar children have not been created yet. Does anyone know how I can force creation of the TabBar children so I can assess them immediately?

Below is an example of the code that show my problem.

Thanks,

-Mark

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; verticalGap="0" xmlns:local="*" height="100%" initialize="addTabs()" >
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
        import mx.containers.Box;
        import mx.containers.TabNavigator;

 private function addTabs(): void {
         var tn:TabNavigator = new TabNavigator();
         var box:Box = new Box();
         box.label = "1";
         tn.addChild( box );

         box = new Box();