> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Troy Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I just encountered the issue again, and went through the process of
>>  deleting all the build stuff manually, caches, etc., and nothing
>>  helped. So this time I tried flushing the browser cache (actually,
>>  disabling it with Firefox extension Web Developer). That worked, it
>>  was a browser cache issue.
>>
>>  Anyone have any ideas why once in a blue moon the browser would serve
>>  up a cached version of my SWF (served from my localhost, MAMP on OSX)
>>  while debugging? I was under the impression that the browser wouldn't
>>  cache documents that have queryvars (hence one reason for the
>>  inclusion of "?debug=true" when debugging a Flash app). Is there
>>  something else I need to be doing (possibly MAMP configuration?) to
>>  ensure that the browser always sees the latest SWF (without having to
>>  always disable the cache... I am loading a lot of static assets and
>>  its nice to take advantage of the cache for those)?

Adding ?debug=true isn't enough to stop the page being cached - the page
signature must change so that the browser thinks that a different page is
being requested every time. In this case you could use a number to make the
page signature different - the most effective way is probably to use a
timestamp and pass the milliseconds value from Date()  since this will
always be unique.

Paul