Well, it looks like this is a known "deferred" issue.
Looks like the player (not the Flex sdk) is the one that leaks when
you convert string to xml
(https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-11982), but this means, if you
have a RIA that asks for repeated xml files, it will be crash!

I wish I know any way to convert to xml and avoiding the string route.
Anyone?

Thanks,

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ilam Mougy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am almost giving up on this issue, I don't know any work around.
> Here is example, in AS:-
>
> var strToBeXML:String = '<root>...</root>';// this is huge string,
> 20Meg xml for example.
> myTrace('***** memory before xml conversion (A): ' +
System.totalMemory);