You should be able to use the stageX/Y and globalToLocal

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ivo
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:43 PM
To: FlexCoders
Subject: [flexcoders] convert MouseEvent into a DragEvent?

I am trying to update the feedback for my List controls with a custom
dropIndicatorSkin .
My drag and drop handlers tho are written to accept MouseEvent so they
can be used either for NativeDragEvent or DragEvent .
Unfortunately tho the ListBase calls to
showDropFeedback/hideDropFeedback only take a DragEvent. This means my
custom dropIndicator skin can only be used on web projects, not on my
Air projects. Any suggestions on how I can get around this?

The main issue is getting the event coordinates on a new DragEvent based
on the MouseEvent correct so that the dropSkinIndicator highlights the
appropiate row.

Thanks,

- Ivo