Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.It sounds good. I am developing a web application.
I am using a tag called Data source and LCDS and using that I am tyring to
connect the Flex code to Database. Because my first impression is that I
cannot connect Flex 3.0  without LCDS. I don't know more about that is it is
true or not. Hope I can connect without LCDS also.

About my application I am connecting the database using Data source tag in
which I specify the attribute called destination ID . In LCDS there is a
folder called WEB-INF in that there are many configuration files. In that
there is a XML file called Data Management Config and in that we write a new
tag called destination with the same id as specified in the Flex code. Also
in side that tag we specify other tag called source and provide file as the
main java file. In the Java file I write the queries to retrieve the records
from Database(MySQL).

I hope you get a rough idea.This is how I tried to connect to the database.

Also I liked the way you have connected to the database.I think you don't
need LCDS right? But about the Web service and all I have some knowledge.
Since I have only less experience in Java also since I am student only. Can
you please sent me any sample code that do the connection with a web
service.

Hope you will reply..

Thanks once more......

Chitra