Isn't using URLLoader a better way to download binary data such as jpeg files? It has a dataFormat property that can be set to binary, which delivers the data as a byteArray.

My understanding of httpService is that it will try to parse the result depending on the setting of the resultFormat property. There is no binary option for this.

I don't know if that's the cause of your problem, but it may be worth trying.

Dave