Sorry friend but I think your case will not gonna work ;)
what is put methods? Dictionary doesn't have it :)

But here is my corrected case, where I do object copy of entries, this
case will not gonna work If you entries is Dictionary or Class

         static public function cloneDictionary(oldDictionary:Dictionary,
weakKeys:Boolean = false):Dictionary
         {
             var newDictionary:Dictionary = new Dictionary(weakKeys);
             for(var key:Object in oldDictionary) {
                 newDictionary[key] =
ObjectUtil.copy(oldDictionary[key]);
             }