From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Daniel Gold
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 1:15 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] How to display a button's icon from a remote
source?

I get asked this by new Flex developers I work with all the time, especially
people from a more traditional web development background who are not used
to embedding assets.

Here's something that bugged me a while back and I never took the time to
look into: So the button icon takes a Class, that's all good and well, but
how does the Image class get by accepting either a Class OR a String
representing the path to an image to load at runtime? The source style
allows both doesn't it? If I was creating a custom component and wanted to
add an imageSource custom style would that be possible?