Yes, either one of the approach is valid. I do prefer to have config
files in place as it results in fewer lines of code.

You do not have to put the config files into src, just somewhere on
the computer. When you reference services-config.xml in the -services
compiler argument, make sure to use absolute path to the file.

Cheers,
Mark

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Rodseth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, Mark. Do you mean I should just create a
> server-less FlexBuilder project, and place those files inside my src
> directory? Someone else suggested that one can ignore the config files
> completely, and build up the RemoteObject from scratch in
> ActionScript.
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Mark Piller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi Richard,
> >
> >  Copy the config xml files from /weborb30/WEB-INF/flex to your local
> >  box and compile the project with the local version of the files. The
> >  only change you need to make is in services-config.xml. Locate the
> >  my-anf channel and change the endpoint URI to be an absolute URL
> >  pointing to your dev server.
> >
> >  Also, keep in mind you might need to put crossdomain.xml in place on
> >  the remote server.
> >
> >  Cheers,
> >  Mark
> >

> >  --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Rodseth" <rrodseth@>
wrote:
> >  >
> >  > I'm just getting started with AMF. WebOrb backend, but I'm on a
Mac.