No, it's being set to null, and I can't see how. As in when I click on
another field in the form, I'm getting a CalendarLayoutChangeEvent from the
DateField, with newDate as null, and at that time
innerDateField.selectedDate is null. Interestingly enough, it doesn't call
the labelFunction either, so it looks like there's still a value there, but
if you bring up the popup again, it's not selected.

-J