>From the DateFormatter docs:

J: Hour in day (0-23)
H: Hour in day (1-24)

I'm not sure why everyone has to reinvent their own date format strings
(between Java, Flex, postgreSQL, and shell scripts, I'm now working with
four different types), but it looks like the format string you want is

"DD-MM-YYYY JJ:NN:SS"

--
Maciek Sakrejda
Software Engineer
Truviso, Inc.
http://www.truviso.com
[W]: (650) 242-3516
[C]: (510) 717-5398

-----Original Message-----
From: nehavyas13 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] dateFormatter in Action Script
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:55:15 -0000

I am using an .as class to provide data to flex pie chart.

In this class I am using a date formatter to format the date I am
getting from the server.

The date I get from the server is in this format :
Thu Apr 10 2008 00:00:00

I then use the dateFormatter.format to format this date but this
modifies the time 00:00:00 to 24:00:00. Why does it do this? Do I need
to change anything?

Below is the code:

private var dateTimeFormatter : DateFormatter=new DateFormatter();
dateTimeFormatter.formatString= "DD-MM-YYYY HH:NN:SS";
var dt1:Date=new Date( new String([EMAIL PROTECTED]));
dateTimeFormatter.format(dt1);

The trace for dt1 is:
dt1 :Thu Apr 10 00:00:01 GMT+0100 2008

The trace after formatting is :
Formatted date : 10-04-2008 24:00:01

Thanks in advance.

Why does the formatting change the hours from 00 to 24? what do I need
to do?