Hi

I am trying to change the selected field in the popupmenubutton in
response to some other event in the UI.

I am unable to achieve that. In my actionscript code (event handler
for another event in another part of the page), i tried to change the
selectedField of the popupmenubutton but nothing changes.
i also tried invoking invalidateDisplayList() and setting initialized
to false, and re-invoking initialize() on the popupmenubutton -

nothing makes the control to change the selectedField.

Any ideas how i can achieve this.
Would manually creating a new instance of MenuEvent.CHANGE and
dispatching that event help?
any easier/better way?