OK, I've been reading all the web content on the security changes
that were implemented in 9.0.124.0.  I'm more confused than ever.
The security updates seem to apply to XMLSockets, and I'm not using
these *unless* they are implicitly used by SOAP Web Services.  Here
is an example of web service code that works fine in versions prior
to 9.0.124.0 but not since:

var ws : WebService = new mx.rpc.soap.WebService();

ws.loadWSDL(model_locator.APPLICATION_WEB_SERVICE_URL);
ws.makeObjectsBindable = false;
ws.useProxy = false;

ws.login.resultFormat = "e4x";
ws.login.addEventListener(ResultEvent.RESULT,
login_result);
ws.login.addEventListener(FaultEvent.FAULT,
app_commander.web_service_fault);
ws.login.arguments.username = username.text;
ws.login.arguments.password = password.text;
ws.login();

>From what I'm reading, it sounds like I need a sockets policy file,
although I'm not sure because this is a SOAP web service call over
HTTP and as far as I can tell shouldn't be affected by the XML
Sockets security update.  To implement a master socket policy file
seems like it requires me to configure the server with a special
xmlsockets server that listens/responds on port 843.  Any examples of
implementing this on IIS/Windows Server?

Am I missing something? Maybe I just need to update my
crossdomain.xml file?  I tried adding the "to-ports" to that but it's
still not working.

What do I need to do to get the soap web services working again?