On Apr 17, 2008, at 8:16 AM, Glenn Williams wrote:

It drives me mad this one.

There really is no justification in UK users paying over the odds.

There is some justification (though it's pretty minor). Software licensing laws in the UK are different than in the US - they are much more user-centric and implemented to protect the purchaser in many more ways than US users. Wish we had some of the same protections.

In the US we have almost no recourse if a product does not function in the manner we expect it to. That's not the case in the UK. These software functionality guarantees and indemnity laws 'force' software developers to charge more for their product. I can't speak about other countries.

I personally believe it's a rip off.

Anyway. It's generally illegal to purchase software outside of your country. IE, purchasing from a US store and using the product in Australia or the UK. I believe it is 100% against the license you agree to when using the Adobe software products.

The price differential is annoying though, no doubt.

- jb