Could somebody please confirm this to me?  Is it really true that we
cannot load up swf modules from a web server into an AIR app?

If so then thats a really big disappointment.  I can see the need for
security etc, but if an AIR app trusts a particular domain then it
should be able to download a swf module and run it.  I would expect
some function call to enable download of swfs from a particular
domain.  If there are any workarounds that anyone knows about then
please post here as we would really like to know.

We already have a web app that makes good use of modules.  The app
communicates with a server running JBoss using XML, and the web app
firstly downloads a list of menu items, each of which relates to a
module.  The user only needs to download the modules that he accesses.

We were hoping to do this with AIR, so that we could have the user
download the AIR container app just once, and then we could add as
many modules as we liked without having to make the user re-install
the whole app.  BTW the XML to JBoss seems to work - we just need to
get the modules working.

Any further info gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ed.