Problem solved - it was a path problem - my images folder was under
the flex_bin folder.  Of course, since we are embedding an image at
compile time, the full path has to be specified, or else the images
folder needs to be a subfolder underneath the src folder.

This path works:
headerSeparatorSkin="@Embed('../flex_bin/assets/transparent.png')"

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "djohnson29" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>