Hey Tracy,

I thought of that but it seems to limit me from what I'm trying to do.  I
need the UI of this component to respond when the dataprovider changes, I
figured the best way would be to implement a dataprovider the way the mx
components do it, it seems complicated but I'm getting throught it.  Then if
I changed the model, the UI would update appropriately.  If i just implement
the child creation in the setter, then I have to re-parse the whole
dataprovider again, right?  I had assumed that implementing a dataprovider
would make updates to the UI cleaner (not having to re-create all items),
but I could be wrong on that assumption- don't know yet.

d.