I think you can grab START_DRAG and call stopImmediatePropagation.  You
can also subclass and override mouseDownHandler.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 3:01 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Disable Drag for particular list item

Hi,

I have a List which uses an inline renderer.  MyRender contains an icon,
some text and an add button.  There are times when specific items are
"disabled" and I change the icon, disable double click and hide the add
button.  However, users can drag the items, too, and I want to disable
the drag for that particular list item.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

   <mx:List borderThickness="0" id="myList" rowCount="4" width="450"
      dataTipField="id" dragEnabled="true" x="10" y="55"
      dataProvider="{ availableItems }"  height="409">
      <mx:itemRenderer>
         <mx:Component>
            <my:MyRenderer />
         </mx:Component>