I have a repeater inside a component that is drawn by a
HorizontalList.  When I set the dataProvider from the dataChange
event, the repeater isn't ready when the component first draws.  So,
I have a choice.  I can use callLater(), which, as I understand it,
is the correct method, or I can call the same function from
dataChange and creationComplete, adding a check to see if the
repeater exists yet.

When I do the double call (from both dataChange and
creationComplete), everything looks exactly right on screen.  When I
use callLater, the HorizontalList is about 20 px wide and maybe 5
high.  When the components finish drawing, you can see their upper
left corners, so I presume everything is there, but it seems like
Flex is no longer able to tell how big to make the containers.

I've tried invalidateProperties(), invalidateDisplayList() and
validateNow(), but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

TIA;

Amy