I tried the timeout, but it did not have any effect.

So, I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with one of the following:

1) flash player
2) AMFPHP working with Flex 3
3) Cairngorm on Flex 3
4) Flex 3 SDK
5) Some browser related issue

Like I say, it works with Flex 2 sdk, so I'm at a loss...  I think
it's even stranger that nobody else has ever had this problem.

Any other ideas?  Is there any way to force a
disconnection/reconnection after a freeze?

Thanks,
-Todd