I believe since the content is a DisplayObject, it's just falling under
normal Flex parenting rules, a child can only have a single parent, so using
the same content actually re-parents the content object to the new
SWFLoader. If your navigation window is just a small preview of the total
app, like it sounds like, you could actually create a new Bitmap from the
content of your main SWFLoader and use that as a new UIComponent in your
navigation window. Not sure if you'd run into effeciency problems with how
often you'd have to re-copy the data, but sounds like it could work in your
situation.