Why aren't you just using a horizontally-scrolling HBox?

- Gordon

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of markgoldin_2000
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:43 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: passing parameters to components

What I am trying to do is bit different.
I am trying to build a dataGrid with one row and about 15-20 columns.
Each column would have a custom renderer based on canvas (based
UIComponent did not work for me). Then in canvas I will have two
dataGrids positioned vertically. Actual usser data is going to be
shown in internal grids. Data behind the main grid (the one with one
row) is unrelated to anything: I am assigning simple data to it just
to make things work. Building process flow here is something like
this:
A custom renderer (canvas with two grids) is instantiated. The I need
to run some code within canvas to prepare both grids showing data
related to outer grid's column.
I am using dataGrid for main comtainer basically to have everyting
look nice (just like it would have been loking if it could have been
possible to create a dataGrid without internal grids/renderers),
scrolling at the same time, ....
I am open for solution how to replace main dataGrid to another
container and fill it with canvas that carries two grids inside.
Sorry, if it is not too clear. If I knew how to upload an image of my
project I would.

Thanks for help.